A practical guide to harmful substance use that will provide new knowledge, insight and ideas for dealing with drug and alcohol problems across the spectrum. With its focus on research findings, best practices and real-life stories, Addictionary strips away the myths and stigma of addiction and provides a clear-eyed, pragmatic look at a complex and difficult issue.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 134-139) and index.
Appendix A: Guide to the Drugs; Appendix B: Assessment Tools; Appendix C: Sample Workplace Policies; Appendix D: How to Talk to Users
1. Why a Clinical Guide on Lesbian and Gay Health?
2. Improving the Doctor-Patient / Provider-Client Relationship
3. Lesbians' Physical and Sexual Health
4. Gay Men's Physical and Sexual Health
5. Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual Adolescent Physical and Mental Health
6. Diagnosing and Treating Sexually Transmitted Diseases
7. HIV Issues
8. Mental Health of Gays, Lesbians, and Bisexuals
9. Substance Abuse
10. The Body
12. Special Populations
13. Professional and Training Issues
14. Legal Issues
App. A. Factors that May Indicate an Increase in Risk for Specific Diseases.
App. B. Sample Legal Contracts