1. Why a Clinical Guide on Lesbian and Gay Health?
2. Improving the Doctor-Patient / Provider-Client Relationship
3. Lesbians' Physical and Sexual Health
4. Gay Men's Physical and Sexual Health
5. Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual Adolescent Physical and Mental Health
6. Diagnosing and Treating Sexually Transmitted Diseases
7. HIV Issues
8. Mental Health of Gays, Lesbians, and Bisexuals
9. Substance Abuse
10. The Body
12. Special Populations
13. Professional and Training Issues
14. Legal Issues
App. A. Factors that May Indicate an Increase in Risk for Specific Diseases.
App. B. Sample Legal Contracts
Includes 60 cases with USMLE-style questions help you master core competencies to excel in the clerkship and ace the shelf exams; clinical pearls highlight key points; primer teaches you how to approach clinical problems; and proven learning system maximizes your exam scores.
This bible of family practice for primary care students and clinicians provides current national practice guidelines for professional standards of care across the life span. Concise and clearly organized, the resource features detailed, step-by-step instructions for physical examinations and diagnostic testing in the outpatient setting, information on health promotion, care guidelines, dietary information, information on culturally responsive care, patient resources, and abundant patient education handouts.T
Contents: Guide to the ABFM examination -- Community and preventive medicine -- Cardiology -- Endocrinology -- Gastroenterology -- Infectious diseases -- Hematology/oncology -- Pulmonary -- Nephrology -- Dermatology -- Neurology -- Surgery -- Child and adolescent medicine -- Psychiatry and behavioral science -- Geriatric medicine -- Reproductive health -- Sports medicine and musculoskeletal disorders -- Emergency/urgent care.